Project Manager, Environmental Consulting – Contaminated Sites
Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is growing and our future is bright because we are different. Our staff of qualified environmental professionals are dynamic people, working collaboratively within our regional offices and across BC to deliver successful project management. This wide reach allows TerraWest to have focused and consistent teams, specifically assigned to projects, allowing them to be fully informed and accessible whenever an event arises.
- Provides technical expertise in the area of hazardous building materials which includes a sound understanding of initial assessment and air monitoring activities during abatement.
- Completes initial assessment activities include bulk sampling for asbestos and lead paint, as well as the identifies potential mercury, PCBs, and lead containing products and materials.
- Completes air monitoring actives including installation of low and high volume pumps for daily and final air clearance purposes. Able to complete sampling and analysis as per acceptable WorkSafe standards including the NIOSH 7400 method.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of current regulations and guidelines associated with hazardous building materials including:
- BC’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (i.e., sections pertaining to asbestos, controlling exposure, demolition of hazardous materials and notice of project);
- BC’s Hazardous Waste Regulation;
- Relevant NIOSH methods; and,
- WorkSafe practices associated with asbestos and lead paint.
- Provides assistance with business development activities including phone calls, meetings and technical advice to clients.
- Helps to create cost estimates by providing timelines for completion of HAZMAT related work based on previous experience.
- Completes client communications including phone calls, scopes of work, client confirmations and follow-up on project related tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Completes reporting in an efficient and sound manner with minimal assistance and input from other team members. Reporting includes proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoSketch.
- An accreditation or certification in the field of HAZMAT.
- Provides sound, technical advice in the field of HAZMAT services.
- Completes multiple projects/tasks under tight deadlines.
- Assists with business development. This includes leveraging local contacts and interacting with current and potential clients.
- Able to travel for work related projects on short notice and work overtime, where required.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team with minimal direction and supervision.
- Be a reliable, trustworthy, and positive team player.
- Able to take direction, and willing to work hard.
TerraWest is one of BC’s fastest growing independently owned environmental consulting firms. We encourage our teams to make decisions that are of sound judgement with autonomy. Our operational and management style encourages growth, change, and failing forward in a supportive environment. We call it the TW Nation and it’s an awesome place to develop your career and really feel part of an organization.
TerraWest offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits, smartphone, a personal training and development budget, payment of professional dues and the regular bells and whistles.
TO APPLY please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.terrawest.ca Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.