Senior Professional, Hazardous Materials
Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is growing and our future is bright because we are different. Our staff of qualified environmental professionals are dynamic people, working collaboratively within our regional offices and across BC to deliver successful project management. This wide reach allows TerraWest to have focused and consistent teams, specifically assigned to projects, allowing them to be fully informed and accessible whenever an event arises.
TerraWest is offering an exciting position to an ambitious professional that desires to create and grow an Environmental Health & Safety division, with a primary focus on hazardous building materials assessments and ambient air monitoring.
Expansions are being considered in both our Victoria and Prince George offices.
The desirable candidate must:
- have experience with the identification of hazardous building materials and collection of samples, including bulk asbestos, lead, UFFI, PCBs, and related;
- be proficient in the laboratory set up, collection, and analyses of air monitoring samples for asbestos;
- hold a valid membership and credential as a CIH, ROH, CSP, CRSP, P.Eng; or, have a combination of requisite experience and AHERA certification
- have a working knowledge of WorkSafeBC safe work practices for the handling and analyses of asbestos or hazardous materials and the BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
While not mandatory, the top candidates may also be:
- proficient in the generation of technical reports and use of Microsoft Office at a minimum
- experienced in business development and/or the creation of new programs
TerraWest selects people who are a “good fit”. To us this means someone who understands environmental consulting; is willing to work hard yet enjoy your personal life; and be part of a team committed to growing the company. You would also have a good sense of humour and be able to connect with and build relationships with others. Ideally you have an established network of local contacts and have the ability to build strong and enduring relationships quickly.
TerraWest offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits, smartphone, a personal training and development budget, payment of professional dues and the regular bells and whistles.
TO APPLY please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.terrawest.ca. Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.