Project Technologist, Hazardous Materials
Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is growing and our future is bright because we are different. Our staff of qualified environmental professionals are dynamic people, working collaboratively within our regional offices and across BC to deliver successful project management. This wide reach allows TerraWest to have focused and consistent teams, specifically assigned to projects, allowing them to be fully informed and accessible whenever an event arises.
Full Time Positions available throughout BC, including Vancouver Island
TerraWest is expanding! We are currently recruiting for Project Technologists to join our Hazardous Materials department. TerraWest provides clients with hazardous materials and designated substances surveys, which are conducted as part of property transactions, or before maintenance, repair, renovation and demolition activities, in order to protect workers and building occupants. We also provide specialized indoor environmental quality services, such as indoor air quality investigations, and water damage/ mould assessment services.
- Perform hazardous materials assessments on all types of buildings and structures
- Schedule inspections with clients and contractors
- Communicate with project managers and supervisory personnel for all aspects of work
- Conduct on-site inspections during demolition or removal of hazardous materials
- Perform mould, indoor air quality, water loss, and mould assessments
- Collect building materials and environmental samples, completion of chains of custody, and submit samples for laboratory analysis
- Equipment calibration and use
- Complete proper field forms for reporting purposes
- Assess worker exposure to selected materials
- Collect of air samples for asbestos and conducting PCM analysis
- Interpret analytical results
- Prepare reports and site plans outlining the findings on site and associated recommendations
- Manage time on projects effectively and efficiently
- Ensure the well-being and safety of workers and building occupants at project sites
- Understand proper procedures and project scope of work
- Prepare daily trip plans to assess health and safety risks and implement mitigation procedures while on site
- Consulting experience, ideally related to the responsibilities of the position
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in Construction Technology, Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science or Applied Science would be an asset
- A related certificate or license (e.g. C.E.T.) would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Report writing, reviewing, and editing skills
- Must be able to read and understand technical specifications, drawings and reports
- Applicants must have a current and valid driver’s license with sufficient insurance, and access to a vehicle
TerraWest selects people who are a “good fit”. To us this means someone who understands environmental consulting; is willing to work hard yet enjoy your personal life; and be part of a team committed to growing the company. You would also have a good sense of humour and be able to connect with and build relationships with others. Ideally you have an established network of local contacts and have the ability to build strong and enduring relationships quickly.
TerraWest is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits, a smartphone, a personal training and development budget, and payment of professional dues.
TO APPLY please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.terrawest.ca. Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all applicants for their interest in TerraWest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.