Office Administrator, Victoria (Langford), BC
Why apply with TerraWest Environmental Inc.?
TerraWest is a different kind of full-service environmental consulting organization. Different for employees and different for clients. Different in that TerraWest and its employees value the direct client relationships that allow us to provide the best environmental consulting advice and have a thorough connection from the start of a project to its finish. As employees, we know that we grow and prosper by building relationships that help our clients succeed. To us our clients are people, not revenue streams.
TerraWest is growing and our future is bright because we are different. Our staff of qualified environmental professionals are dynamic people, working collaboratively within our regional offices and across BC to deliver successful project management. This wide reach allows TerraWest to have focused and consistent teams, specifically assigned to projects, allowing them to be fully informed and accessible whenever an event arises.
At TerraWest, you will be supporting our teams of professionals solve client problems. So, this is not your average office administrator role. You are often the “go to person” making this a busy and challenging position that requires you to be creative and resourceful.
- Performing general administrative tasks such as filing, word processing and organizing meetings.
- Payroll data collection and entry into Payworks online payroll system.
- Human Resources programs administration – including benefits; recruitment, selection and onboarding; performance management; job descriptions; and employee file maintenance.
- Project support – including logistics; contractor and sub contractor reviews for insurance, WCB and safety programs. Acquiring land title information, aerial photos and related documents.
- Health & safety program – annual reviews, OH&S committee
- Purchasing office and project supplies
- Making travel arrangements
- Insurance – vehicle, errors & omissions
- Administering building leases
- Managing and administering IT and telecommunications
- Coordinating social events
- Resource person to owners
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma but prefer applied business technology or office administration certificate.
- 5 years of experience in a similar corporate administrative support role, preferably with an environmental consultancy.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and exercises a high level of judgment in day-to-day work to resolve problems.
- Ability to anticipate issues and address them before they occur and willing to learn new skills to expand range of responsibilities.
- Available to work outside of regular business days and hours on occasion for key events on site and off site. May required to attend or commute to off-site events/meetings.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent editing and organizational skills
- Good judgment, excellent problem solving and sound decision-making skills
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starting and self-managing with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Excellent MS Office skills
TerraWest selects people who are a “good fit”. To us this means someone who understands environmental consulting; is willing to work hard yet enjoy personal life; and be part of a team committed to growing the company. You would also have a good sense of humour and are able to connect with and build relationships with others.
TerraWest offers a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop and grow your career. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and TerraWest provides health benefits, smartphone, a personal training and development budget, payment of professional dues and the regular bells and whistles.
Your cover letter should indicate how you meet our requirements including how you “fit” with TerraWest.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.